Hey there! I’m Chelsey Cherkas,

I’m an Okotoks, Alberta-based Holistic Nutritional Practitioner and while I’m loving life right now, that was not always the case. I was where you are and I know what it’s like. I get it. There was a time I wasn’t myself and I did not eat the way I should have. I won’t sugar coat it - I did not eat healthy AT ALL (hello, McDonalds haha). I know what it’s like to be dissatisfied and miserable with yourself, trying everything and anything to change your body.

As the years carried on, so did my health problems. I spent countless hours at the doctor’s office and came out with dead ends and no solutions to my problems. My General Practitioner continuously tried to suppress my symptoms rather than get to the root cause in my body and I finally reached my breaking point when I had nothing left to give.

I applied to The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and embarked on the journey that turned my life around. Too often the link between health issues and nutrition go unrecognized. After years of frustration and low self-esteem I finally figured out the secrets I had been searching for, I finally figured out my health problems and I finally realized first hand that food equals medicine. I experienced that healthy eating does, in fact, lead to fewer health problems and this inspired me to help others.

In addition to my education, I travelled a lot and saw many diverse cultural diets which all had one constant factor; The smaller amount of time spent analyzing and criticizing food meant more time spent enjoying food with family and friends which led to more happiness and health. I want to help teach, guide and support you in your journey to a healthier and happier self.

I now live by the 80/20 rule in regards to my diet. I eat healthy 80 percent of the time and the other 20 percent I enjoy my cravings. Life is too short and I believe in soul food, moderation and that your body tells you what it needs. Unhealthy relationships with food may arise if you constantly count calories and criticize food choices. Keep it simple. Keep it sweet. You truly can have your carrots and eat cake too!

Lots of health,

Chelsey Cherkas, C.H.N.


Professional affiliations

CSNN Alumni Association


Let’s connect!